Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Anything Goes


Welcome to 
Our Creative Corner



Laura here! Welcome back to Our Creative Corner - I am so happy to be bringing you the first challenge.....and it is.............





'Anything Goes'!

       What will inspire you in the marvelous month of May?

Where will your imagination take you?

There are no limits in the land of 'Anything Goes' and we can't wait to see the entries!

     Whether your crafting passion is making Tags, Altered Art, Mixed Media, Journaling, 3D art, ATC's, Cards - We would LOVE to see you enter them in our challenge.

Use whatever you want, however you want - Let your creativity flow!

   Bring your creations to Our Creative Corner and you could be our WINNER!

 Challenge Winners


The winner and Top 3 from this challenge will be announced on the 8th June.

The winner will be invited to appear as 'The Top Talent' here at OCC, have a short interview so we can find out all about them and there will be a 'Spotlight' on a new project they have created. 

The winner's Top Talent interview and creation will be on the 22nd July.

We have a page on this blog called 'Winner's Corner' 
The winner's name will be featured on this

For entrants who have won our challenges and have been featured as 'Top Talent' 3 times - there will be a very special 'Gold Winner' badge for you to proudly display on your blog

There is only one way to get your badges and have your name placed forever in 'Winners Corner' - Enter the challenges! 

   

So now may I very proudly present some of our DT creations to inspire you

Remember, there are more DT creations to come. So please come back on the 15th of May for more wonderful inspiration!

                                       

             



                                                                      Laura

             
I decided to go with my usual Shabby Chic tag in faded dusty pastels. It is always so lovely working in lovely delicate vintage shades and also to add lots of flowers, ink, stamps, ribbons, lace, layers, torn paper and, of course, the essential - an inspiring sentiment. 



 Margie

 

For my very first Design Team project, I decorated this journal for a new crafting friend who is just 9 years old but has aspirations as a dress designer. I was longing to use the new Julie Nutting mixed media doll stamp mixed with some vintage scraps.



                                                                    Jenny



I always like to try new things or confront media or techniques that have so far been a challenge, so for my first Our Creative Corner project I tackled my nemesis - alcohol inks!! This little glass jar has been altered to within an inch of its life and it all started with alcohol inks


Julia


I've been learning mixed media and paint techniques with Andy Skinner and this is a club piece I finished recently. I think you'll either love him or hate him but he makes me swoon! The starting point was a plain bisque figure (cream coloured) designed by AS then many layers of Americana paint and Decoart mediums later, this is how he ended up.


RULES 


1.  You may enter each challenge a maximum of THREE times - but they must be different creations and posted on your blog separately.

2.  If you post too many entries then they will sadly have to be deleted.

3.  NO backlinking. Please do not enter a creation that was published on your blog before our challenge start date.

4.  Please link to your actual post - not your blog.

5.  Please include a link to our challenge in your blog post

6.  You may combine our challenge with as many other challenges you wish.

7.  If you want a comment from the Design Team then your entry has to be a link to a site that does not require us to become a member to sign in.







     

                               This challenge is open until 11.59pm Tuesday May 28th



         









51 comments:

  1. Yay! We're off! Fabulous projects all round so far... looking forward to hopping round for a closer look. And I can't wait to get stuck in myself!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Launch day at last! How exciting and what a superb team to be a part of. Can't wait to see what people come up with now. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful DT creations so far and so inspiring! Cannot wait to get started with my own project, I have so many ideas buzzing around!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful team and some wonderfully creative and diverse makes! All truly creative and stunning ...will definitely be back for the rest of the inspirationa nd hope to find some time to play along!! Hugs trace x...congrats everyone again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! We are up and running now with some fabulous inspiration from an amazing design team. So looking forward to seeing what people come up with! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the new site! Fabulous DT creations!
    Wishes
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  7. First day and we already have some entrants - how fantastic! I'm really honoured to be a part of this amazingly creative team. Don't forget to come back in two weeks to see what the rest of the team has created - you won't be disappointed!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting - congratulations on having the first challenge up and running. If "Anything Goes" I might even arrive with my current battle with a spa pump room full of wisteria.....;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to get addicted to entering these challenges! Playing safe with a couple of cards to begin with but IF the 'Anything Goes' theme crops up again who knows what I might do? x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on what promised to be an wonderful new challenge blog! With such an amazing DT of talented ladies and such incredible inspirational pieces, what could go wrong..... I really hope I'll find the time and the inspiration to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the launch with such a wonderful collection of eye candy! Love what the DT has inspired us with and will be playing along! How could I not?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrtulationd on the launch of Our Creative Corner! Looking forward to joining in as often as possible! Beautiful DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an eclectic and wonderful selection from the design team - thank-you to all for such special inspiration pieces. You are setting the bar high! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great inspiration from the DT!! Good luck with this new start!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an amazing design team and even more gorgeous inspiration for the start of your new challenge blog, Congratulations everyone and good luck in your new venture. Can't wait to see more on the 15th May.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous inspiration from the team! Great challenge!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back! Fabulous inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh! Exciting! The first examples from your design team are fabulous and I've just entered, but of course I may be back later! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful team! Looking forward to all the new challenges. Congrats on the new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for coming back and inspiring us to let our creativity flow!
    Have a great time!
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous work from the DT - all so different. Great new challenge too. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was so glad to receive my newsletter and see all the new changes Our Creative Corner has implemented. Love the fresh new look and the Design Team is super talented! Look forward to playing again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so sorry that I added too many entries - thanks for deleting and for telling me. I confess that I had actually made a note of the rules, but somehow forgot. I'll certainly try in future to remember. I really do apologise. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. My first time here, so glad I found my way to your challenge blog. Fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful creations from the DT.
    Thanks for the challenge.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful DT work!
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMGiddy Aunt! What a lot of fantastic, inspirational art. It seemed to take ages to scroll down to the Linky bit; 199 entries before mine! Wow. Now to go visit as many as I can :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE it all! Found your page via Dianne's Magpiedi-Magpiedi. I'm hosting a challenge myself throughout this week, but as soon as that is done, I'll be back to browse a little more and visit.
    xoxo's

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this Blog! Great work by the DT - can't wait to see more ... x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous work by the DT....love it all. x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, what a response, Awesome DT projects, but then I never doubted you guys xx
    I shall be linking up when I get some time in front of my comp x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab inspiration and a great new challenge - thank you! hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great DT makes and good luck with new look challenge!(Plenty of entries at the time of posting!!) Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fab DT projects, good luck with the challenge blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome DT projects everyone and I can see just how popular this is. Off to a fabulous start ladies and keep up the good work!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fantastic work by the DT. They are all wonderful project. Thank you for the Anything Goes challenge. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. AMAZING AND SO CREATIVE from the DT.. Totally stunned.. Loved everything from you!!..
    I am joining in on this first challenge.. And Congratulations with the challenge blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fab challenge and great DT creations
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh my goodness...you've over 400 entries, have to make myself a cuppa and check them out....don't envy you ladies though CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your blog and DT challenges are beautiful!
    Congrats on a successful launch!

    Create WIth Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely inspiration by DT!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow! Fabulous entries I don't envy the judges having to narrow it down!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello,
    this is my first participation and I'm very impressed from all those various creations I can see here! Wow!!

    ... and now, my very humble card!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Well that's my third entry added. I wasn't going to, but the more I looked at this piece, the more I realised how happy I am with it. Hope you like it too :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi :)

    Wonderful challenge.

    Am new to your space and followed u and would b happy if you visit my space I have linked my 2 entries in your challenge... Please visit my space http://bendyminds.blogspot.com/2013/05/quilled-earrings-with-pendant-cascading.html
    http://bendyminds.blogspot.com/2013/05/art-of-quilling-3-d-angel-with-white.html

    ReplyDelete
  47. What an amazing debut for your challenge. Congratulations, Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, what a wonderful and talented design team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. wonderful work by the DT sorry you had a bit of trouble getting to my blog ... when uploading it refused my blog ?? but glad you have found me xxx Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx