Sunday, September 1, 2013

Forgotten Things

Hello everyone, Anne here to welcome you to our brand new challenge at Our Creative Corner  for September.  I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who entered Alison's Words challenge last month, we had some fabulous entries.  Alison will be back on 8th October with the winners's post so please be sure to pop back on that day.

The challenge for September is Forgotten Things. As crafters we tend to have so much in our stash that some things inevitably get forgotten.  You know how it is, you buy that 'must have' item and then you put it away in a safe place...... and it gets forgotten.  Or there might be a technique that you used to love, but have not used or even thought about for ages. So, whether you are re-discovering a forgotten item, or technique, we would love to see your creation.   Please remember to make it very clear in your entry what the 'forgotten' element is.

Just to whet your appetite and to inspire you, here are some fantastic creations from my team-mates.  I will be back with some more inspiration on the 15th so please check back to have a look.






I bought this little tin well over a year ago during one of my Charity Shop trawls. The little mulberry paper flowers seem to have been with me forever because I prefer to make my own these days. After lots of thought (and struggling with an empty brain!), I decided to combine these three unloved items and finally make a tiny bit more space in my room! If you want to see what's inside, please do hop over to my blog and have a look.


                     ************************************************************



       I wasn't sure what I could use here because I seem to use everything all the time!...then at the bottom of a drawer I found some pale pink glittery Fimo - bought way back in 2003 and was still unopened. Time for it to come out and play. Oh, and I couldn't resist bringing back my favourite cream roses which I haven't used for about three months - Shocking!!!

                        *********************************************************
         Margie



This tiny book was made from instructions I first downloaded in 2007 and I just came across them recently so was delighted to be able to recreate it again for this challenge, together with the box to hold it.  If you fancy tackling something really small, pop over to my blog to find out how I made it and see some more pics.  See you there!
                
                       ************************************************************

                                                                               Jenny


I haven't used Tim's 'Riveted Patchwork' technique in ages but it fitted perfectly for a background to this altered heart tag. Can you guess who it is for? Utterly grungy (as are my fingers now) I was so pleased to be able to use an idea from the talented Trace Metcalfe here too. You can see some much needed close ups over at my blog and find out how Trace inspired me.


                       ************************************************************

Bring your creations to Our Creative Corner and you could be our WINNER!

(Please check out the rules at the end of this post to make sure your entry can be accepted).


Challenge Winners

The winner and Top 3 from this challenge will be announced on the 8th October.

The winner will be invited to appear as 'The Top Talent' here at OCC, have a short interview so we can find out all about them and there will be a 'Spotlight' on a new project they have created. This will take place on November 22nd.

We have a page on this blog called 'Winner's Corner'.  The winner's name will be featured on this.

For entrants who have won our challenges and been featured as 'Top Talent' three times there will be a very special 'Gold Winner' badge for you to display proudly on your blog - now there's a challenge for you.

Of course, there's only one way to collect your badges and have your name placed in 'Winner's Corner' for all to see - let's see your entries!

Remember, Alison will be back on the September 8th to announce the winner of the 'Words, Words, Words' challenge, and on September 15th the rest of the Design Team will showcase their creations for this month's challenge.



And now for THE RULES:

1. You may enter this challenge a maximum of THREE TIMES - they must be different creations and posted on your blog separately.

2. If you post any more than three entries they will sadly have to be deleted.

3. NO back-linking. Please do not enter a creation that was published on your blog before the start of our challenge.

4. Please link to your actual post, not just your blog. If you just link to your blog the team will not be able to find your entry and leave any comments.

5. Please include a link to our challenge in your blog post.

6. You may combine our challenge with as many other challenges as you wish.

7. If you want the team to comment on your entry then you have to link to a site that does not require us to sign in/become a member.

This challenge is open until 11:55 pm Saturday, September 28th.


Thanks for visiting.  Can't wait to see what Forgotten Things you come up with!






21 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thanks to Julia, Laura, Margie and Jenny for your fabulous creations this month, I feel so lucky to work with such talented people! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work by the team this month. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great challenge theme and some truly wonderful inspiration! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurrah for Anne's challenge and wonderful DT creations. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What stunning projects! Happy I found your blog! Hope to join along in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very wonderful inspiration from the DT. I hope I can rise to the challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did it again: absolutely adorable projects!!! So very well done, teamies!

    hugs,

    Claudia x (still a bit in homecoming mode)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects to kick off the challenge... off to have a hunt through my stash for something forgotten!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects all of them..well done all of you! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning DT makes and a great challenge

    Crafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great challenge and thank you for reminding me to mention the forgotten things.
    I have updated my blogpost :)
    Hugs, Wenche :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apologies that I have to separate my four images, but Flickr can only show one at a time. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bit late, but I just have to say it again: fabulous inspiration, teamies! WOW!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. TFS gorgeous and varied DT inspirations and thanks for another great challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Such gorgeous samples! Thanks for the inspiration and fun challenge! Looking forward to joining along again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nearly didn't enter - then I found some thing that got me going he heee! Great challenge! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely creations. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx