Saturday, April 11, 2015

Color Your World Challenge



Seeing all the wonderful creations for our challenge “Color Your World” is month has been so enjoyable and now I have the great pleasure of introducing you to our Guest Designer for April………

 Becky Colvin from Becky's Creative Scraps


This incredibly talented lady has a style I truly admire. She can go from a lovely shabby-chic to vintage yumminess. She always puts her heart into what she makes. Her projects will inspire you and her sweet personality will bring a smile to your face. 



And now, without further ado, here is my good friend Becky......


****************************************


I am very excited and honored to be invited here as a Guest Designer by Laurie for her very first challenge of Color Your World.

When I was first asked to be a Guest Designer I immediately thought of this birdhouse that I picked up at a thrift store. It looks old and rusty and is just waiting for spring to hit it and that's just what I did!

Here is the before picture of the birdhouse....


And here is the after...


I white-washed the birdhouse with some gesso mixed with water. After that was dry I then applied some Art Ingredients Micro Beads mixed with Art Ingredients 3D Gloss Gel and some Viva Decor Rusty Paper mixed with sand to give it that rustic look. You can get all these products at Laurie's store Moore Art From the Heart. I am absolutely in love with the Rusty Paper; you should go pick up some and try it for yourself! 

Here are some close-ups of the sides and other areas where I applied these products...








I also used some Spanish Moss under the Wild Orchid Craft flowers and Prima Flower Vines. The flowers mixed with the rustic colors reminds me of what it looks like in my area when Spring starts to come alive. The dark and dreary from the winter months mixed with the fresh pink and purple spring flowers. The fresh air...look even the little birdies that I got from Kraft Supplies 4 U are even coming out to enjoy the colors of spring time..lol!

If you would like to know more about the details you can watch the video below from my YouTube channel:



I hope I have inspired you to come play along and show us what color your world is in the spring time!! :)


***********************************************

Thanks so much Becky for being our Guest Designer this month! That is an amazing birdhouse - What an absolutely wonderful spring creation to share with everyone today!

Has Becky inspired you to create with the colours of spring?

If so, you have until the 28th April to join in the challenge - You could be our winner and appear at OCC as our Top Talent. You could be our randomly picked winner and receive a $25 voucher to spend at Creative Embellishment! You could also be one of the Top 3 and be put on our Pinterest board for all to see!

Come and join in the fun at my Color Your World challenge

Happy Crafting!

Laurie xxx


13 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks absolutely amazing!! Love this gorgeous house, stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magical birdhouse Becky...I love transformation and all gorgeous details...superb!
    Greetings from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Becky!

    What a fab make over! Love it!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing birdhouse, wow!! What an incredible project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to give life to this birdhouse, Becky! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of one that my Mama had for years just inside the front door. Such a great memory! Thank you! Your birdhouse is lovely - love the happy colors. We have 40 bluebird houses here - I think they would think of yours as a 5 star honeymoon house!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful idea to recreate the birdhouse. It looks amazing, I love the colours and the flowers. It definitely colours our world! Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Becky! I've always adored your creative work. Happy you excepted our invite to be a guest designer for this challenge. xoxoxo Your friend, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky!! Congratulations on your Guest Designer post here at Our Creative Corner! :) :) It's wonderful to have you with us :) :) This birdhouse is super duper darling!! I love birdhouses, especially rustic, natural birdhouses and the way you've transformed this into a love-birds, blooming paradise--Fantastic!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable birdhouse! I, too, love birdhouses, and what an amazing transformation you have done, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing birdhouse which you must have had such fun transforming! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx