Saturday, August 22, 2015

Top Talent For 'What Makes Me Smile' Challenge

Good morning everyone. It's time for a Top Talent Spotlight again and this month we are featuring the work of the hugely talented Mayoori from Butterflies N' Buttons.  Mayoori was chosen by Jan as the winner of our June Challenge 'What Makes You Smile' with a stunning piece of mixed media art.

Before we see the wonderful piece of art that Mayoori has created for us, let's here a little more about this creative lady:

'Hello Our Creative Corner fans.
I am so excited to be here as the "top talent" of the month. It's really an honor. I am not a person of too many words, but will try my best to answer these questions.Truly speaking I feel like a celebrity. :)))

Where do you live?
I live in the beautiful town of Seattle in Washington. I came to US 4 years back and love this place now, despite of its grey skies.

How long have you been creating?
I have been crafting since my childhood . Did lot of embroidery, drawing , and stitching with my mother. And when I became mother, stitched and pained a lot for my daughters. Made lots of masks and props when I was doing story telling at a school with special kids.
But things changed when I came to USA. Exposure to stores like Michaels , open a new world of paper crafting for me. Started with simple layouts, and now I am deeply into mixed media.

How would you describe your style of art?  
I love all kinds of art and keep trying new things. But lately I have been doing lots of steampunk projects and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Who is your favourite artist and why?
There are so many artists and scrappers whose art I love  seeing and analysing.
Finnabair  group for mixed media, Gabrielle Polocco for scrapbooking are my favs. 

Name three art supplies you couldn't live without.
Well, I can't survive without gesso, modelling paste and metallic paints .

If you could be one woman in history, who would that be and why?
This is a tough one. Well In Indian History, there was this queen named Rani Laxmi Bai, who fought with the British for her kingdom. That was suppose to be the first revolt for the independence of India. I would definitely be her and fight for the independence for India.'

Woww I am done , finally!


Here is the stunning Steampunk Journal that Mayoori has created for us:







 Thanks again for letting me share my project.



Thank you so much Mayoori for joining us and making this wonderful altered journal cover! Your level of detail is outstanding and I just love all the texture, layers and gorgeous colours you've created in such an amazing steampunk style. What a wonderful gift this would make or somewhere special for you to make your art and record your thoughts. We do hope you will continue to play along with us whenever you can! If you have enjoyed seeing Mayoori's art, please pop over to Butterflies N' Buttons for more inspiration - you won't be disappointed!

So, another very worthy winner joins the ranks of our Top Talent group. Will you become the Top Talent for our Summer Challenge 'Mexico Moods'? You have until 28th August to join in so if you have yet to play along, click the challenge title for further details and inspiration. Everyone is a winner for this challenge because Stampington are giving everyone who enters the challenge a $2 voucher for their digital images! No reason not to join us is there?!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing, I love all the details! Thank you for sharing with us. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layering and rustic goodness with this wonder piece. xxx Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mayoori - you are busy girl!! This project is soooo SPECTACULAR. Wow. You did an INCREDIBLE Top Talent creation. Love the colors - especially how you put the pops of color around the clock. My favorite part of all is the springs... that's such a perfect visual attraction - accents the clock perfectly. Just WONDERFUL in every way. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible journal cover Mayoori , the texture is amazing and beautiful depth of colour. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mayoori! So happy to learn more about you! This is outstanding! I love your steampunk and grunge work- you really nailed this piece! Beautiful and yummy colors and textures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome artwork as usual, Mayoori!
    I am so glad to see you as our special guest and I so admire your steampunk style! Thank you for being with us!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful steampunk piece! Thanks Mayoori for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous steampunk style with all the fantastic details, Mayoori !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Mayoori! What a feast for the eyes! I love the colors and texture of your steampunk journal cover--how inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply AMAZING, Mayoori!! Just a great big WOWIE on this incredible steampunk journal! Fabulous to have you here at OCC as our Guest Designer this month!! So nice to meet you!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you all for such inspiring words . Thanks for giving me the chance to be here

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are v. talented. keep going. love your art.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx